Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ranger cookies

I broke up with sugar.  We cut the ties last week.  It was hard but it had to be done.

So why not take this opportunity to blog about my favourite cookies! (smart thinking, Kathryn)

These cookies are simply delicious because they are crunchy and soft and chew all at the same time. 
With these cookies you can have it ALL! (but I can't even have one) So enjoy!




Ranger Cookies

preheat oven to 350


1 cup shortening (I use butter - softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups quick rolled oats
2 cups rice kripies (I sometimes use some cornflakes if I have them around too)
1 cup flaked coconut.

You know the drill - 

Cream shortening and sugars til fluffy, add eggs and vanilla.
In an other bowl combine dry ingredients and gradually mix together.

drop by tablespoon onto baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment