Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Party Prep: Favours

Not only am I planning a party, but I am working, and taking care of children (i.e.: bathing, playing with and cooking for) AND trying to clean house. I thought I would get to clean on part of the house everyday this week, but so far only the kitchen and 1 bathroom have been touched.  There just is NOT enough time during the day - especially when you MUST sit and watch New Girl.

Today I finished the party favours.  Adults coming to the party - do not be disappointed, but these are not for you. These are for the 10 extra kids that will be gracing Miriam with their presence on Saturday...


Materials:

Cute wooden box
Modge Podge
sponge stick thingy
fancy cricut letters for personalizing
thin permanent black marker (not in photo)



I used the mode podge as glue, brushed it on, placed the letters and brushed it on again... and again... and again. Yes, I did 3 coats over top of the letters.  Then I let them dry overnight (and I used a different box for this photo, do not be shocked by the name change)


I was NOT happy with the finished result so I outlined the letters with a black permanent marker...



Now I am happy with the result.  Kids loved things that are personalized, especially when they have a name that is uncommon and they cannot buy those personalized toothbrushes and keychains in stores. (like Pearce, Genna, Brock, and Hollie. And I feel their pain - good luck finding KathRYN in a store)

All that was left was to fill them with some candies (and a little bottle of bubbles)....


Add a bouncy ball and I'm done with my favours.  I don't expect them to last forever, and I don't expect the kids to go berserk with excitement, I just expect them to fill their faces with the candy that is in them AFTER they go home....

No comments:

Post a Comment