Friday, April 27, 2012

3 R's

I have had a thought to write about this for a while.  The reason I didn't is because I assume most people who reads this DO reduce, reuse and recycle.

Just for a moment through - bask in the words of Jack Johnson


Three it's a magic number
Yes it is, it's a magic number

Because two times three is six
And three times six is eighteen
And the eighteenth letter in the alphabet is R

We've got three R's we're going to talk about today
We've got to learn to
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

If you're going to the market to buy some juice
You've got to bring your own bags and you learn to reduce your waste
And if your brother or your sister's got some cool clothes
You could try them on before you buy some more of those
Reuse, we've got to learn to reuse
And if the first two R's don't work out
And if you've got to make some trash
Don't throw it out Recycle, 
we've got to learn to recycle,
We've got to learn to
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Because three it's a magic numberYes it is, it's a magic number3, 3, 33, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 3633, 30, 27, 24, 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, and3, it's a magic number




Then the other day Seth was watching his usual online morning show   Rhett and Link
I also enjoy watching this show, but when it was over Seth asked me if I had heard about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.  No - I have never heard of this.  So we looked it up, and this is what we found...


and

Info for the Great Pacific Garbage Patch

I couldn't believe my eyes.  Something I cared so much about when I was a kid, but thought was getting better due to green bins and blue bins, but much of this garbage patch is made up of plastic - which means it could have been recycled and now it is as big as TEXAS!?!?!  CRAZY!

So just by chance, if anyone out there reads this and does not use their blue bin (recycling) it is time to start!!  I am of the mind that I want this planet to be a greg place for my great great grandchildren and if that patch keeps expanding my great great grandchildren won't even know what an ocean is - they will only know what the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is.


1 comment:

  1. It drives me crazy, I just wish that people would recycle and help go green! I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete